- Liberally coat the base of a nonstick pan with good-quality olive oil. Place over a medium to high heat.
- Crack 2 free-range eggs into the pan.
- Make sure the oil doesn’t get too hot – adjust the heat accordingly. Spoon the hot oil over the egg whites, or place a loose-fitting lid over the pan for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Cook more eggs in the same way if required.
- Cook the eggs as above. Add 1⁄2 t smoked paprika, 1 clove sliced garlic and 1⁄2 sliced fresh chilli to the pan in last 30 seconds of cooking time.
- You can do the same using other fats such as coconut oil, flavoured butter and bacon fat, or add other spices such as turmeric.
SERVE WITH: Roast tomatoes and garlic toast. Halve vine tomatoes and cut the top off a head of garlic. Arrange on a baking tray, drizzle over 3 T olive oil and season. Roast at 200°C for 15 minutes. Squeeze the garlic onto ciabatta toast and spread.