Here’s what your December entertaining plans need: cheese, and lots of it. There’s no end to Woolies’ exclusive speciality cheese range. Here are 9 of our favourite cheeses to add to your next cheese platter.
1. Red Fox: an 18-month-matured Red Leicester. Intensely flavoursome and very creamy with tiny crystals for a unique mouthfeel.
2. Huguenot™: a semi-hard cheese made from Jersey cow’s milk, matured for six months, medium-full in character, with nutty overtones.
3. Chèvre Roue: a whitemould goat’s-milk cheese, dusted with vegetable ash, with a characteristic goat’s-milk flavour.
4. Blue Stilton: a blue-veined cheese matured for four months to give it a rich, tangy taste.
5. Brie de Roche: a traditional white-mould cheese with an intense, rustic flavour, made with a blend of Jersey cow and goat’s milk.
6. Renosterbos: a hard goat’s cheese, matured for six months, with a firm texture with a rich, robust flavour.
7. Wensleydale with ginger and mango: a white cheese blended with crystallised ginger and mango.
8. Boland Blue: made using a unique blend of exclusive cheese cultures, this blue-veined cheese is ripened for 14 weeks and has a creamy, slightly sticky texture.
9. Overberg: an aged Gouda-style cheese made using pasteurised cow’s milk, matured for four-and-a-half months, with a robust flavour and creamy texture.