The latest issue of Woolworths TASTE is here and it’s all about family feasts in level 1 and Easter goals. There are 54 new recipes that you can choose from. You can get your issue at your local Woolworths, plus it is available for digital download via zinio.com and magzter.com. Whichever way you get your copy of TASTE, here is what you can look forward to in the issue:
SUBSCRIBE AND WIN!
Subscribe to TASTE, save 25% (pay R292.50 for six issues) and you could win one of two REN Brightening Vegan Skincare Regimehampers, each worth R2 175
REN Clean Skincare is created using sustainably sourced, naturally derived ingredients in packaging designed to respect the planet as the brand moves to be zero waste by the end of 2021. Overnight Glow Dark Spot Sleeping Cream is clinically proven toreduce the appearance of dark spots in just seven days, while Dark Spot Sleeping Cream targets uneven skin tone and pigmentation on all skin types without affecting or lightening your natural skin tone
Six easy ways to subscribe
1. Call 087 353 1300. This number can also be called for renewals.
2. For international subscriptions, call 021 065 0033.
3. SMS “TASTE” to 32361.
4. WhatsApp “TASTE” to 087 353 1333.
5. EMAIL email@example.com.
6. For digital subscriptions, visit zinio.com or magzter.com.
From foods to break fast with during Ramadan to Easter treats here’s what on our radar this month.
- This Easter, we’re finding joy in the small things – like decorating biscuits with the kids and an epic pull-up bunny cake. Find the recipe for the cake here.
- Anatomy of a dish: The Scone Shack on Lalaphanzi Farm at Cape Point. Find the recipe for these amazing scones here.
- Fast tips: As Muslims prepare to celebrate the holy month of Ramadan, we asked local foodies to share their favourite memories and tips. Find the recipe for Fayruza Abrahams’ banana fritters here.
- We’re calling it: cabbage is the new cauliflower. The trend may have been started by the low-carb movement, but it’s high time cabbage had its day. Find the recipe for pickled cabbage here.
This month, Hannah Lewry puts a TikTok recipe through its paces, invents a cheat’s cassoulet, puts meatballs in minestrone and bakes a batch of Thai red curry chicken wings for your midweek dining pleasure.
This Easter, take your long-awaited gathering outside and serve Abigail Donnelly’s slowest-ever lamb, pickled fish sosaties, ’nduja rice and a giant sticky bun that will streeeeetch all the way to sunset.
Sweet like chocolate
Easter without chocolate is like, well, Christmas without presents. Not worth it, right? So Hannah Lewry hunted down some grown-up ways to raise your cocoa game this year with Nutella meringues, Peppermint Crisp cookies and the burnt Basque cheesecake of your dreams.
Our Xhosa table
TASTE’s Khanya Mzongwana and chef Ayanda Matomela grew up in the same part of SA, with the same dreams of a career in food. The Easter occasion offered the chance for them to create a very special menu, one that brings the dishes of their shared past to a new present.