It’s finally here! The Christmas issue of Woolworths TASTE has arrived and it’s our biggest issue ever! It’s got everything you need to plan your festive menus throughout November and December. You can get your issue at your local Woolworths, plus it is available for digital download via zinio.com and magzter.com. Whichever way you get your copy of TASTE, here is what you can look forward to in the issue:
SUBSCRIBE AND WIN!
Subscribe to TASTE, save 25% (pay just R315 for six issues) and you could win one of four REN Ultimate Anti-Ageing Skincare hampers, each worth R3 445.
REN Clean Skincare is created using sustainably sourced, naturally derived ingredients and packaged in a manner designed to respect the planet as the brand moves to be zero-waste by the end of 2021. Powered by natural bio-retinoids, the Ultimate Anti-Ageing collection of skincare products reduces the appearance of wrinkles and age spots, leaving skin visibly younger-looking, smoother and brighter. Combining retinoid analogue – a flower extract – with vitamin A and hyaluronic acid, these skincare products work to restore skin’s radiance.
SIX EASY WAYS TO SUBSCRIBE
1. Call 087 353 1300. This number can also be called for renewals.
2. For international subscriptions, call 021 065 0033.
3. SMS “TASTE” to 32361.
4. WhatsApp “TASTE” to 087 353 1333.
5. EMAIL email@example.com.
6. For digital subscriptions, visit zinio.com or magzter.com.
Whether you’re cooking at home or heading out to explore, here’s what’s hot in the food world right now:
- Anatomy of a dish: If minimum effort, maximum pay-off is your entertaining mantra, allow us to introduce Woolies’ all-new yule log.
- On our radar: Whether you’re entertaining at home or heading out this season, make sure you’re ordering rooibos seltzers.
- Step-by-step: For the kids and the kids at heart, these buttery, rainbow sprinkled biccies offer pure, unadulterated joy in the making and eating.
- Food hero: Creamy, flecked with vanilla and now spiked with everyone’s favourite festive spirit, the TASTE team is all over Woolies’ new brandy custard.
ON THE FIRST DAY OF CHRISTMAS…
These are all the cakes, tarts, puddings, biscuits and treats you need for your Christmas countdown, courtesy of Abigail Donnelly.
If you’re the kind of traditionalist who insists on old-school starters, two roasts (glazed gammon, obvs), duck-fat potatoes, gravy perfection and the ultimate jelly and “custard”, then Hannah Lewry has all your work cut out for you, right here. Because if ever there was a time of year to flaunt your cooking skills, this is it.
If you’re looking for new ideas for Hannukah, deli owner Tal Smith’s much-loved Sephardic-style recipes will light up your table.
A NEW KIND OF MAGIC
Break a few rules this Christmas, (‘cos it’s been that kinda year) and make new traditions with Abigail Donnelly’s inspired modern menu.
THANKS FOR SHARING
Best way to do Christmas on a budget? Pot luck, you guys! Make some menu “suggestions”, says Khanya Mzongwana, set up a buffet table and ask everyone to bring a shareable dish that costs less than R50 per person. Think of it as food-nerd secret Santa.
We can all get behind a Boxing Day sarmie, but why not show those leftovers a bit more love? We asked our favourite cooks for ideas and got everything from roast lamb shakshuka to a pudding milkshake.