There’s no doubt that plant-based eating is one of the biggest trends of the last decade. And thanks to Woolworths, it has never been easier to make delicious plant-based meals a bigger part of your diet. Woolies’ vegan and vegetarian products are versatile enough to enjoy as a snack or a full meal. Whether it’s a quick midweek dinner for one or a streetfood- inspired feast for the whole family, there’s something for everyone. Banish the idea that vegetarian food is dull – unless you’d rather not have spicy cauliflower tacos with lime, red onion, roast corn and mint? We thought so.
1. Serve the mushroom, red pepper and fresh herb Kiev (opener image) on toasted sourdough with a smear of chevin. For some added texture, make a quick Asian salad – combine a handful of shredded baby cabbage with green apple matchsticks, sliced cucumber, lime zest and a dollop of coconut cream.
2. Prepare the roast sweet potato and chickpea bites according to package instructions, then skewer with roast sweet peppers and thin slices of cucumber for a delicious snack.
3. Prepare the roast vegetable and hummus parcels according to package instructions.
4. To make a vegetarian taco, heat the turmeric-and-chilli cauliflower florets according to package instructions. Serve in warm corn tacos and top with tzatziki, pickled pink onions, roast corn kernels, fresh mint, sliced chillies and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
5. To make a tasty vegan noodle bowl, prepare the lentil protein noodles according to package instructions. Toss with coconut cream and soya sauce. Serve with warm roast sweet potato and chickpea bites, shaved asparagus, steamed edamame beans, spring onions, fresh coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.
6. For the ultimate vegetarian hot dog, serve fried sweet potato, butter bean and red pepper sausages on a lightly toasted baguette. Top with crispy fried kale, cream cheese or soft goat’s cheese and sundried cherry tomatoes.