- 250 g penne
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 x 70 g sachet Woolworths pitted black Kalamata olives with a hint of herbs
- 50 g capers, with 1 t brine
- 4 - 6 anchovy fillets
- 2–3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 x 400 g can Woolworths cherry tomatoes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh basil, for serving
1. Cook the penne in boiling, salted water until al dente. (About 14-15 minutes.)
2. Fry the olives, capers, anchovies and garlic in the olive oil until the anchovies begin to melt.
3. Pour in the tomatoes, season and add the caper brine. Simmer for 10 minutes, then stir the penne through the hot sauce in the pan. Serve with the basil.