- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 t castor sugar
- A handful of blueberries (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Melt the ice cream and mix thoroughly with the egg yolk. Place in a ramekin. Drop in a handful of blueberries, if using.
3. Place the ramekin in a water bath. Bake for 40-50 minutes.
4. Sprinkle over the sugar, and melt with a blowtorch.
Cook’s note: This recipe is based on a popular TikTok hack. The result is an eggy, baked custard – somewhat sweeter than a traditional crème brûlée. If you’ve got the time, we recommend making the real thing, but this is an easy pudding for one if you’ve got a craving.