Supper on the double! This utterly delicious, fragrant coconut hake can be cooked from frozen – as can the cauli rice – honestly, look for it in the freezer aisle, it’s seriously good – making this the perfect midweek meal.
- 1 pack Woolworths frozen savoury cauliflower rice with herbs
- 1 T coconut oil
- ½ of each cube of Woolworths crushed garlic, ginger, chilli and lemongrass
- 1 x 25 g sachet fish or vegetable liquid stock concentrate
- 600 g Woolworths freshly frozen hake fillets
- sea salt and freshy ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 T fresh coriander, roughly chopped, for serving
- spring onion curls, for serving
- 1 lime, quartered
- 2 x 400 ml cans coconut cream or coconut milk
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 green chillies, sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt, to taste
1. Prepare the rice according to package instructions. Marinate the onions for 10–15 minutes.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat, then add the garlic, ginger, chilli and lemongrass and sauté until golden.
3. Stir in the coconut cream and stock concentrate and bring to a simmer. Add the hake fillets to the sauce, season and poach over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
4. To make the quick pickled red onion, combine the red onion, green chilli, lemon and salt.
5. Serve the hake in the coconut sauce with cauliflower rice. Top with the pickled red onions, coriander and spring onion curls. Squeeze over the lime.
Videography: Romy Wilson, Shavan, John Taylor