This hake salad is the perfect light meal for hot summer days. Plus, it's ready in just 30 minutes.
- 450 g Woolworths frozen lightly dusted hake portions
- 3 T sesame seeds
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 x 300 g bag Woolworths baby marrow noodles
- 1 lemon, juiced
- toasted sesame oil, for drizzling
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- pickled ginger, for serving
- sriracha mayonnaise, for serving
- 5 g Woolworths roasted seaweed snack, shredded, for serving
1.Preheat the oven to 180°C and bake the fish according to package instructions.
2. Five minutes before the fish is ready, toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan until golden and popping.
3. Place the onion and baby marrow noodles in a large bowl, squeeze over the lemon juice, drizzle with sesame oil and season.
4. Sprinkle the hot sesame seeds over the noodles and toss. Top with a few slices of pickled ginger and allow to marinate for no longer than 5 minutes or the baby marrows will go soggy.
5. Serve with the fish and sriracha mayo for dipping. Sprinkle with the seaweed as you serve to retain its texture.
Photographs: Robbert Koene
Production: Hannah Lewry
Food Assistant: Claire-Ellen Van Rooyen