- 1/2 each Woolworths prepared chilli, lemongrass, ginger and garlic
- 500 g Woolworths cubed butternut
- 300 g Woolworths cauliflower florets
- 4 T ghee
- 1 x 70 g sachet Woolworths Blue Elephant massaman curry paste
- 400 g red split lentils
- 1 x 400 ml can coconut milk
- 1 x 500 ml carton Woolworths organic chicken stock
- 1 lime, juiced
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 10 g mint, chopped, for serving
- 10 g coriander, chopped, for serving
- 1 red chilli, chopped, for serving
- 1 -2 T olive oil
- rotis or poppadoms, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Fry the chilli, lemongrass, ginger and garlic in 2 T ghee in a large wok until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Add the butternut and cauliflower and give the wok a good shake to coat all the veggies in the aromatics, then tip out onto a large baking tray.
3. Season and roast for 25 minutes, shaking the tray occasionally to ensure even roasting.
4. Add the remaining ghee and the curry paste to the wok and fry for 1–2 minutes over a medium heat. Add the lentils, stir to coat, then add the coconut milk and stock.
5. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until the lentils are just softening but still have a bite. Massage the lime juice and a generous pinch of sea salt into the sliced onions. Serve with the dhal, topped with the roast vegetables and herb oil, rotis and poppadoms.