- 1 cabbage, sliced into wedges
- 3 T butter
- 2 cups chicken stock
- salt, to taste
- 1 kg pork belly
- 3 T mayonnaise
- 2 t wholegrain mustard
- sweet potato mash, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the cabbage in a roasting pan, then add the butter, stock and seasoning. Cover with tin foil and roast for 20–25 minutes, or until melting and soft.
2. Cut the pork into 1 cm rashers and place on a roasting tray and season with salt. Roast with the cabbage until crispy, 25–35 minutes.
3. Combine the mayonnaise and the mustard and serve with the pork and sweet potato mash.
Cook's note: Use bacon instead of pork belly if that’s what you have in your freezer.
Find more pork recipes here
Photographs: Jan Ras
Food assistants: Bianca Strydom and Keletso Motau