- 450 g caster sugar
- 1 x 385 g can condensed milk
- 125 g butter
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 125 g Woolworths Chuckles malt puffs
1. Place the sugar, condensed milk, butter and vanilla in a large microwavable bowl, then mix to combine.
2. Microwave the mixture on highest setting for 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes until soft ball stage. To test this, place 1 teaspoon worth of fudge mixture in some cold water. If you are able to form a soft ball between your fingers, then the fudge is ready.
3. Remove the mixture from the microwave and mix using an electric mixer for 5 minutes.
4. Fold in the Chuckles then pour the mixture into a 21cm square greased and lined baking tin, then allow to set for 2 hours in the fridge. Cut into bars to serve.
Photograph: Jan Ras
Production: Hannah Lewry
Food assistant: Kate Ferreira
Videography: Xolisani Khumalo
Video editing: John Taylor