- 400 g spicy southern-fried crumbed mini chicken breast fillets
- Woolworths crimson microherbs
- For the waffles:
- 80 g butter
- 1 cup Woolworths buttermilk
- 3 free-range eggs, separated
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 1 t bicarbonate of soda
- 1 t salt
- 2 t chives, finely chopped (optional)
- For the slaw, combine:
- 150 g Woolworths washed cabbage slaw
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 baby fennel, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ Mediterranean cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 T buttermilk
- ½ lemon, juiced
1. To make the waffle batter, heat the butter and buttermilk in a small pan until melted. Remove from the heat and whisk in the egg yolks, then mix with the dry ingredients. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, then fold into the batter with the chives. Set aside until ready to cook.
2. Cook the chicken according to package instructions for 15 minutes in the oven or 7–8 minutes in an air-fryer.
3. Spoon the waffle batter into a hot waffle iron and cook. Serve hot with the chicken and slaw, garnish with microherbs.
Cook's note: Reserve some of the buttermilk and lemon juice to drizzle over the waffles.