If you want a wholesome crispy snack, you'll love these air-fryer crispy salt and pepper chickpeas.
- 1 x 400 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 t olive oil
- 1 t sea salt
- 1 t freshly ground black pepper
1. Dry the chickpeas on kitchen paper to remove any excess water, then remove any loose skins.
2. Mix together the oil, salt and pepper in a bowl, add the chickpeas and toss in the mixture to ensure they are evenly coated.
3. Cook in a preheated air fryer at 200°C for 15–20 minutes, shaking the basket occasionally, until crispy. Allow to cool as they will continue to crisp. Serve as a snack or as a salad topper.
Adapted with permission from ‘Green Air Fryer Cookbook” by Denise Smart. It is published by Octopus Publishing and distributed by Jonathan Ball Publishers.