- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 baby marrows, chopped
- 150 g butternut, chopped
- 2 x 400 g cans chopped Italian tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- a handful of chopped parsley
- a handful of torn basil
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 t sugar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 500 g beef mince
- basil or flat-leaf parsley,to garnish (optional)
- spaghetti, cooked al dente,for serving
- Parmesan, grated, for serving
Blend the vegetables, tomatoes, garlic, herbs, wine, sugar and seasoning.
Mix with the beef mince.
Turn into a suitable saucepan and simmer, half covered, over a medium to low heat, for 30 to 40 minutes.
Serve ladled over the cooked spaghetti with grated cheese on the side.
Cook’s note: Use stock instead of wine, if you prefer.
This recipe was created by TASTE reader Candice Freeman for the November 2011 Readers’ issue of TASTE magazine. For all our readers’ recipes, as well as restaurants, books, gadgets and wines chosen by TASTE readers, visit our readers’ issue page.