- 2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 100 g butter
- 100 g brown sugar
- ¾ cup cream
- sea salt, to taste
1. Place all the ingredients except the cream in a pan over a medium to low heat and slowly cook the apples and pears until they begin to caramelise and bubble.
2. Once they start to become sticky and dark brown, carefully pour in the cream and a sprinkle of sea salt flakes. You may need to turn down the heat as it so that it doesn’t splatter.|
3. Cook until thickened, then remove from the heat. Transfer to a tall jug, then blend using a stick blender until smooth while the mixture is still warm to prevent the caramel from setting.
4. Once spreadable and smooth, spoon into a jar and leave to cool completely. Spread over pancakes, scones or toast.