- 2 cups Woolworths Cake Flour
- 3 teaspoons Woolworths Baking Powder
- A pinch Sea Salt
- 1 large Woolworths Free Range Eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons Woolworths Castor Sugar
- 1 cup 150 grams Woolworths Fresh Butter
- 2 teaspoons Woolworths Almond or Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Woolworths Fresh Apricot Preserve or Jam
- 3/4 cup Woolworths Desiccated Coconut
- Powdered Sugar for dusting
- 1 tablespoon Woolworths Sunflower Oil
In a large deep bowl, cream the sugar and butter thoroughly together.
Add the beaten egg, sunflower oil, and almond/vanilla extract until all the wet ingredients are combined well together.
Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together, then add to the above wet ingredients mixture.
Combine all the ingredients well and knead to form a pliable soft biscuit dough.
Divide the dough into two equal parts.
Press half the dough as evenly as possible into a greased stoneware baking tray or pie dish.
Now spread the apricot preserve/jam evenly on top.
(Cook's Note: Slightly warm the preserve/jam before spreading onto the dough.)
Then layer with the desiccated coconut on top of the preserve/ jam layer.
Take the remaining second part of the dough and grate over the top to create a biscuit crumble effect
(Cook's Note: Chill in the refrigerator for a few minutes to ensure easier grating of the dough.)
Preheat oven at 180 degrees celsius.
Bake the tart for approximately 35 minutes.
Cut the baked tart into even squares whilst hot.
Allow to cool then serve.
Dust with powdered sugar.
Delicious on its own. A lovely sweet biscuit tart that goes well with tea varieties.
(Cook's Note: Taste of the tart enhances after a day of storage in an air-tight container.)