- 4 free-range skinless boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup sunflower oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 T ginger, finely grated
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 5 T rice vinegar
- 4 T fish sauce
- Micro basil, to garnish
- 15 g mint
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cos lettuce heads, halved lengthways
- For the crispy basil leaves:
- 4 T sunflower oil
- 30 g basil
Finely chop the chicken. Heat a little oil in a pan over a high heat, then add half the chicken and stir-fry until cooked through. Add half the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook until the chicken is golden. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining chicken, garlic, ginger and chilli.
Place all the chicken in a large bowl and add the rice vinegar and fish sauce and mix gently. Spoon into a large serving dish and garnish with the crispy basil and micro basil.
Add the mint, cucumber, red onion and lettuce.
To make the crispy basil, heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat, then fry the basil leaves for 20 seconds. Drain on kitchen paper. They will crisp more as they cool.