- 12 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 50 g butter
- 250 g Woolworths Blue Elephant Thai black rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 150 g Woolworths Bella tomatoes, sliced
- 10 g coriander, chopped, for serving
- 2 green chillies, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup soya sauce, for drizzling
- 1 T sesame oil, for drizzling
Cook the eggs in the butter over a medium to low heat without breaking them up too much – move them around the pan slowly using a wide spatula to make fluffy ribbons, not crumbled eggs.
Spoon onto the black rice and top with the remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
Cook's note: Even I was surprised by this simple recipe. It’s incredible how a pan of silky, rich scrambled eggs can take a midweek dinner to new heights – I’m calling this the new egg fried rice.