- 2 cups cream
- 2 cups good-quality chicken stock
- 2 x 170 g Woolworths asparagus spears punnets, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Ground nutmeg, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 4 T Woolworths cultured cream
- 1 x 100 g Woolworths asparagus tips punnet, blanched
- 4 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, zested
Place the cream and chicken stock in a saucepan over a medium heat. Roughly chop the asparagus spears, then add to the saucepan with the garlic and cook for 10–15 minutes, or until tender.
Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
Return the mixture to the saucepan and place over a low heat, then season with nutmeg and salt.
Once warm, pour into serving bowls, add a spoonful of crème fraîche to each and scatter over the asparagus tips. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and garnish with lime zest.