- 2 x 170 g Woolworths asparagus spears punnets
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Microherbs, to garnish
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the tartare sauce, mix:
- 1 cup good-quality mayonnaise
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 100 g caperberries, roughly chopped
- 100 g cocktail gherkins, roughly chopped
Blanch the asparagus in boiling salted water for 30 seconds, or until tender. Plunge into iced water to stop the cooking process. Drain and pat dry using kitchen paper.
Thinly slice the apple into rounds, then into matchsticks. Place in water with a little lemon juice to stop it from browning.
To serve, spoon the tartare sauce over the asparagus and scatter over the apple matchsticks. Drizzle with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Garnish with microherbs and season to taste.
Chef's note: “Apple and asparagus are a great match and add fresh crunch to this refreshing salad.”