- 2 - 3 T olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
- 250 g parsnip or sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 250 g carrot, peeled and cut into chunks
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 x 400 g can Italian tomatoes in juice, blended
- 1 x 400 g can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 t dried oregano
- 2 - 3 T Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 125 g cheese, thinly sliced (try a mix of Crottin, mozzarella and Camembert)
- crisp lettuce salad, for serving
Heat the olive oil in a suitable casserole. Add the onion, leek and celery, and gently cook until soft and wilted.
Stir in the garlic. Add the vegetable chunks then stir. Season to taste.
Add the stock, tomato, lentils and herbs. Bring to a simmer then cover. Gently cook for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
Adjust the seasoning.
Top with the sliced cheese then slide under a hot grill for a few minutes, until melted.
Serve with the crisp lettuce salad on the side.
Per serving: 1864.1kJ, 16.7g protein, 23.9g fat, 45g carbs