- Sunflower oil, for frying
- 245 g halloumi, cut into strips
- Flour, for dusting
- 4 red spring onions, thinly sliced
- 200 g Rosa tomatoes, quartered
- 1 chilli, chopped
- 1 avocado, cut into large cubes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4–6 slices pumpkin rye bread, toasted
- 2 t sesame seeds, toasted
Heat the oil in a pan over a high heat. Dust the halloumi in flour and fry in the hot oil until golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the spring onion, tomatoes, chilli, avocado and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
To serve, pile the avocado mixture on the toasted pumpkin rye bread, top with the fried halloumi and sprinkle with sesame seeds.