This tasty avo coleslaw is easy to prepare in advance. Prep the veggies and keep them in a covered container in the fridge, or top with a damp tea towel to prevent them from drying out.
- 2 baby white cabbages
- 3 large carrots
- 2 kohlrabi
- 2 jalapeños
- 30 g coriander
- pickled red onions, for serving
- For the dressing:
- 3 avocados
- 2 discs feta
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 T olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Thinly slice the cabbage into rounds using a sharp knife. Slice the carrots julienne and shave the kohlrabi using a vegetable peeler, skin and all.
2. Slice the jalapeños into rounds and roughly chop the coriander. Place into a large serving bowl and set aside.
3. To make the dressing, place all the ingredients, except 1 disc feta, into a jug and blend until smooth using a hand blender. Check the seasoning, then crumble the remaining feta into the dressing. Fold the dressing into the vegetables and serve.
Photograph: Sadiqah Assur-Ismail
Production: Hannah Lewry
Food Assistants: Claire-Ellen van Rooyen and Ellen Scwerdtfeger