- 2 baby cabbages, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted and shredded dates
- 8 baby carrots, peeled and shaved dried red chilli, for scattering
- For the mayonnaise:
- 1 free-range egg
- 2 t Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 T malt vinegar
Toss together the cabbage, date and shaved carrot. Coat lightly in the mayonnaise, then arrange on a platter, sprinkle over the dried chilli and serve.
To make the mayonnaise:
Add the egg, lemon juice, mustard, garlic and seasoning, to taste, to a blender and blend until combined. While the motor is still running, slowly pour the oil, in a thin, steady stream, into the one of the oranges and juice them all.
Per serving: 1183 kJ, 23 g protein, 13.9 g fat, 16.6 g carbs
The sweet dates are a tasty substitute for more traditional raisins.