- ½ cup olive oil
- 750 g baby marrows, cut into large chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bulbs fennel, cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery, cut into chunks
- a handful celery leaves
- 3 T mint, roughly chopped
- 3 T basil, roughly chopped
- salt, to taste
- 100 g Parmesan,finely grated
- ½ cup lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof pan. Add the baby marrow and fry until golden brown.
Add the garlic, fennel and celery. Cook for 5 minutes over a low heat. Cover and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Stir in the celery leaves, mint and basil. Season to taste.
Place on a platter, scatter over the Parmesan and drizzle over the lemon juice before serving.
Cook's note: Trifolati refers to the method of frying soft vegetables such as marrows with olive oil and garlic.