- For the porridge:
- 1 cup Woolworths super maize meal
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups boilingwater
- 2 cups Woolworths organic liquid vegetable stock, heated
- To serve:
- 200 g vine tomatoes, roasted
- 100 g streaky bacon, roasted
- 2 free-range eggs, fried
- To make the paprika oil:
- 1 T paprika
- 3 T Extra virgin olive oil
In a medium-sized, heavy-based saucepan, mix the maize meal and cold water.
Place the saucepan over medium heat then add the remaining porridge ingredients. Stir until the mixture begins to thicken, then cover and simmer for 15minutes.
Serve the porridge topped with the roasted tomatoes, bacon and a fried egg.
To make the paprika oil, heat the oil and pour over the paprika. Drizzle a little over the porridge, to taste.