Why not have breakfast for dinner? This is a great way to use up leftover rice.
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250 g Woolworths diced bacon
- 1 T garlic, crushed
- 100 g Woolworths whole chipotle chillies in adobo sauce, chopped
- 500 g rice, cooked
- 4 free-range eggs
- 3 T chilli oil
- coriander, to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large pan. Fry the onion over a medium heat until soft, then add the bacon and cook through. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add the chipotles and cook for 1 minute, then add the rice and stir until coated.
3. Heat the chilli oil in a separate pan and fry the eggs. Serve the rice topped with the eggs and garnish with coriander
Photographs: Myburgh Du Plessis
Food assistant: Bianca Strydom