With cream, pecorino and ciabatta croutons, this baked baby leek side dish will be the centre of attention on your Christmas table.
- 2 punnets 200 g Woolworths baby leeks, washed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream
- 120 g pecorino, grated
- 2 T butter
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 slices ciabatta, torn into small pieces
- salt, to taste
- crushed green peppercorns, to season
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the leeks in an ovenproof dish and pour over the cream. Add the cheese, butter, thyme and ciabatta. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the leeks are soft and the cream is bubbling.
Chef tip: Tenderstem broccoli or asparagus also works well here. Add blue cheese to make it special.
Photographer: Jan Ras
Production: Abigail Donnelly
Food Assistant: Bianca Strydom and Marcelle De Wet