- To make the cauliflower cheese soup:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 x 300 g packet Woolworths cauliflower florets
- 1 x 500 ml carton Woolworths organic chicken stock
- 125 g cream cheese
- 100 g grated cheese, plus extra for serving
- To make the soup bread bowls:
- 4 Woolworths’ bread boules
- Woolworths’ garlic butter, melted
To make the cauliflower cheese soup: soften 1 chopped onion, 2 crushed garlic cloves and 3 sliced
leeks in 2 T olive oil in a saucepan. Cook for 10 minutes, then add 1 x 300 g packet Woolworths cauli ower orets and 1 x 500 ml carton Woolworths organic chicken stock. Simmer for 20 minutes. Blend the soup, return to the saucepan and reheat. Stir in 125 g cream cheese until melted. Add 100 g grated cheese and stir until all melted. Season to taste.
To make the soup bread bowls: Cut out the centre of 4 Woolworths’ bread boules and hollow (freeze the bread and use to make breadcrumbs or croutons). Brush the inside with Woolworths’ melted garlic butter and heat in the oven for 1–2 minutes. You may need to loosen the soup with some water but take care not to add too much so the roll doesn’t become soggy.
Just before serving, ladle in the soup, grate over extra cheese and place under the grill until the cheese is melted and golden. Serve immediately topped with sage.