- 8 portions free-range chicken
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- ½ cup verjuice
- baby red and green butter lettuce leaves, to serve
- For the grape salsa, mix together
- 250 g seedless grapes, halved
- 2 T vino cotta
- 1 T white grape vinegar
- 1 small bulb fennel, thinly sliced and crisped
- in ice water
- a handful of torn mint leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
Wash and dry the chicken. Season and place in an oiled roasting pan. Pour over the verjuice. Drizzle with olive oil and bake, one shelf above the middle, for 30 minutes or until nicely browned and tender.
To serve, moisten the chicken with pan juices and spoon over the salsa. Serve with salad leaves to catch the juices.
Cook’s tip: As an alternative, serve with risotto rice, cooked the same way as regular rice.
Per serving: 2520kJ, 59.7g protein, 34g fat, 2.4g carbs
This is a perfect summer main course – simple to make, but enhanced by the fruity salsa.