- 4 x 160 g portions thin hake fillets
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup thick mayonnaise
- 1–2 T olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 x 500 g packet ready-to-use-sweet-potato chunks
- 1 x 80 g packet ready-to-use watercress, for garnishing
- For the crispy cheese crust, mix together:
- 75 g Salty Cracker crumbs
- 90–100 g grated Cheddar
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Wash and pat dry the fish fillets. Place, skin side down, on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Season lightly then spread with the mayonnaise and generously cover with the cheese-crust mixture.
Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes, or until the topping is crisp and golden and the fish just cooked and moist.
Lightly moisten the sweet-potato chunks with 1–2 T olive oil. Spread on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Season and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden and tender.
Serve the hake with the sweet-potato chunks, garnished with plenty of watercress and drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice, if using.
Per serving: 2712.4 kJ, 40.4 g protein, 37.6 g fat, 38.2 g carbs