- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 T butter
- 500 g Woolworths lean beef mince
- 2 T Woolworths meat masala x
- 2 sachets Woolworths beef stock concentrate
- ¼ cup water
- 4 free-range eggs
- 4 rotis, for serving
- Woolworths double-cream yoghurt, for serving (optional)
- For the salsa, toss:
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 mini cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 15 g coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Gently sauté the red onion in the butter in an ovenproof pan over a medium-high heat until translucent. Add the mince and meat masala and mix well. Increase the heat to high and brown the mince. Add the beef stock and water, then simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Make 4 wells in the mince and crack the eggs into the wells. Bake for 5–10 minutes until the eggs are cooked to your preference.
4. Serve the keema with the rotis, tomato salsa and yoghurt.
Cook's note: Keema can also be made with lamb or chicken mince.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Food assistant: Ivan Masiyazi