- 2 whole rainbow trout
- Oil, for greasing
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 t lemon juice
- Sorrel leaves, for serving
- For the mushroom-cream crust, pound together:
- 120 g shiitake or porcini mushrooms, trimmed and chopped
- 20 g dried exotic mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ cup crème fraîche
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Snip the fins off the fish, then cut down the slit sides and open out flat. Cut out the centre bones and pull out any remaining bones, then remove the heads. Rinse and dry well.
Place skin-side down on a baking sheet lined with lightly oiled baking paper. Season and drizzle with lemon juice. Spoon on the crust topping, then bake for 10 minutes, or until pale golden and the fish is just cooked. Garnish liberally with sorrel leaves and serve.