Fish that can be cooked from frozen is always a winner. Long-life cream also works as well as fresh cream. Add frozen peeled prawns if you’re feeling fancy, and frozen corn or peas for extra veg.
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T butter
- 2 leeks, halved lengthways
- 400 g brown mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 x 600 g box Woolworths freshly frozen hake fillets
- 1 cup cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- avocado, for serving
- mustard, for serving
- lemon juice, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the olive oil, butter, leeks, mushrooms and garlic in an ovenproof dish and toss lightly.
2. Roast for 15–20 minutes until golden, then add the fish and cream and roast for a further 10 minutes or until the fish is opaque. Season to taste.
3. Serve with the avocado, mustard and lemon juice.
Photograph: Dirk Pieters
Production: Abigail Donnelly
Food assistant: Bianca Strydom