- 500 g Woolworths rosemary lamb sausage
- 2 T olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 x 400 g can Italian whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
- 200 g Swiss chard, trimmed and shredded
- 500 g Woolworths potato gnocchi
- 150 g mozzarella, shredded
- 50 g Parmesan, grated
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Brown the sausage in the oil. Add the wine, rosemary and tomatoes with their juice. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, then remove the sausage and slice. Continue simmering the sauce, uncovered, for 10 minutes, or until slightly reduced and thick. Return the sliced sausage to the sauce. Check the seasoning.
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Drop the Swiss chard and gnocchi into a large saucepan of boiling, lightly salted water. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the gnocchi oat to the surface. Drain well.
Mix the gnocchi and spinach with the sausage and tomato sauce and check the seasoning. Turn into a lightly oiled baking dish, about 25 x 15 cm. 4 Top with the mozzarella and sprinkle over the grated Parmesan. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden and hot.
Cook's note: I love this robust, rustic dish – it’s really easy to put together and makes a filling supper.