- 2 T olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 300 g risotto rice
- 300 g spinach leaves, coarsely shredded
- 3 cups hot chicken stock, or use vegetable stock if you're vegetarian
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup home-made breadcrumbs
- Olive oil, for drizzling
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Gently heat the oil in an ovenproof casserole on top of the stove. Add the onion and cook gently until softened.
Stir in the garlic and rice until coated. Add the spinach and pour in the stock. Cover tightly and bake for 30 minutes or until the stock is absorbed and the rice tender.
Season to taste. Sprinkle with Parmesan and breadcrumbs, drizzle with olive oil and slide under a hot grill until crusty and golden.
Cook’s note: If you prefer, turn the baked risotto into individual dishes before adding the cheese and crumbs, then proceed as before.