- 8 fresh flour tortillas
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- For the tomato-chilli sauce
- 1 x 400 g can whole tomatoes in juice
- 1 fresh red chilli, split
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 T chopped coriander leaves
- 2 T olive oil
- For the cheese filling, combine
- 180 g grated mozzarella
- 180 g grated mature Cheddar
- 180 g crumbled feta
- 250 g low-fat plain cream cheese
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
To make the tomato-chilli sauce: Blend the tomatoes with the juice. Transfer to a wide pan and simmer over a high heat. After 5 minutes, reduce the heat and add the chilli, garlic and a pinch of salt.
Simmer for about 15 minutes or until reduced to a suitable sauce consistency. Discard the chilli and add the chopped coriander and olive oil. Simmer for a few minutes and check seasoning.
To assemble: Place a tortilla on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and spread with a layer of thick cheese filling. Top with a second tortilla. Repeat in layers to the thickness you require but leave the top tortilla plain. Spoon over the tomato-chilli sauce.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until heated through and the cheese fi lling is melting. Carefully slide on to a serving plate.
Allow to stand for about 5 minutes before slicing with a sharp knife. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
For an easy flour totilla recipe, click here
Per serving: 1304.6 kJ, 14 g protein, 21.8 g fat, 15.6 g carbs