- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 x 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 fresh red chilli, chopped (optional)
- sea salt and freshly gound black pepper
- 1 x 250 g ball soft mozzarella, torn
- 4-5 T crème fraîche
- flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- For the filling:
- 300 g Swiss chard, trimmed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 x 400 g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Warm the tortillas according to the packet instructions so that they will be soft enough for wrapping.
Roll the tortillas around the filling then place in a greased baking dish.
Blend the tomatoes with the chilli (if using) and season to taste. Pour over the filled tortillas and top with the torn mozzarella and crème fraîche.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until piping hot and starting to brown. Garnish with parsley.
To make the filling: Place the Swiss chard in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water and leave to soften. Drain when cool enough to handle and squeeze dry. Chop roughly.
Meanwhile soften the onion in the heated oil. Stir in the garlic and beans and heat through. Add the spinach and feta and season to taste.
For a twist… Bake the bean, Swiss chard and feta filling in sweet peppers topped with mozzarella, Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.
Make your own soft flour tortillas