- For the pork chops:
- ½ cup olive brine
- 4 T olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, bruised
- 500 g pork chops
- 1 T olive oil
- 3 T butter
- 4 shallots, halved (or 1 red onion, quartered)
- 10 g sage
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- For the cauli mash:
- 500 g cauliflower, chopped into large florets
- 1 lemon, zested
- 250 g Woolworths smooth ricotta
- a pinch ground nutmeg
- salt, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the olive brine, olive oil and rosemary into an ovenproof dish, add the pork chops and brine for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, steam the cauliflower until quite soft, then transfer to a blending jug. Add the lemon zest, ricotta, nutmeg and salt. Blend until smooth.
3. Heat the olive oil and 1 T butter in an ovenproof pan over a high heat. Add the shallots and pork chops, brown on both sides, then set aside.
4. Add the sage, balsamic vinegar and remaining butter and cook for 5 minutes. Return the pork chops to the pan and bake for 5 minutes, or until tender. Serve with the cauli mash.