- 2 cups Woolworths Cake Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Woolworths Brown Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Woolworths Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Woolworth Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/2 a teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 a cup Woolworths chopped dates
- 4 Fresh ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup (melted) Woolworths Butter with Fresh cream
- 1 cup Woolworths long life full cream milk
- 1/4 cup Woolworths Sunflower Seed Oil
- 1 teaspoon Woolworths Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Woolworths Vanilla Exract
- 3 Woolworths Large free range eggs
In a large bowl beat the eggs and sugar together thoroughly.
Add the rest of the wet ingredients including, oil, melted butter (cooled), milk, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar and further beat.
Sift flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, and cinnamon powder together.
Whisk the dry ingredients together before adding a little at a time to the wet ingredients mixture.
Using a large wooden spoon fold in the mashed ripe banana and chopped dates into the cake batter.
(Cook's note: Mash ripe bananas using a metal fork.)
Bake at 180 degrees celsius in a preheated oven for approximately 50-55 minutes in a loaf tin
until fully cooked through. (Cook's note: This quantity of cake batter will make two standard loaf tin cakes.)
Serve: Absolutely delicious on its own, or with softened spread butter, and chocolate sauce.