- 300 g self-raising flour
- 1 t bicarbonate of soda
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 125 g Woolworths pitted Medjool dates, chopped
- 115 g caster sugar
- 2-3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup Woolworths unsweetened almond milk
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 100 g dark chocolate, chopped (optional)
- tahini, for drizzling
- honey, for drizzling
- Woolworths seed-and-nut sprinkle, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 24 x 13.5 cm loaf pan. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir through the dates and sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the banana, almond milk and eggs. Whisk to
combine. Fold the wet ingredients into the
dry ingredients. 3. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin. Sprinkle over the chocolate if using. Bake for 45–50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
4. Serve with a drizzle of tahini and honey and Woolworths seed-and-nut sprinkle.
Cook's note: This is really easy to make – it’s also light and fluffy, and the dates add natural sweetness. Keep a few slices in the freezer to toast for a mid-morning snack.
Photograph: Sadiqah Assur-Ismail
Food assistant: Claire-Ellen van Rooyen