- ⅓ cup buttermilk or plain yoghurt
- 2 free-range eggs
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- 200 g brown sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 180 g flour
- 1 t bicarbonate of soda
- 1 t salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a muffin tray with 6 large cupcake cases.
2. In a bowl, beat the buttermilk, eggs, oil and brown sugar together until well combined. Add the mashed banana.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and gently fold until just combined.
4. Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake cases and sprinkle with brown sugar.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. (Baking time will be reduced if using regular muffin cases.)