These easy muesli bars are a great way to use up overripe bananas – when you’re tired of baking banana bread. They make a great addition to lunchboxes, or a more indulgent snack with a little caramel sauce.
- 2 bananas
- 165 g caster sugar
- 120 g oats
- 175 g flour
- ½ t bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ t salt
- 1 large free-range egg
- 50 g coconut oil, melted
- 160 g white chocolate, chopped
- 50 g flaked almonds
- Woolworths creamy toffee sauce, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 25 cm square baking tin with baking paper.
2. Mash the bananas. Add the caster sugar, oats, flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Stir until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the egg and coconut oil, then fold into the dry ingredients.
4. Stir in the chocolate and almonds, reserving 1 T of each for sprinkling. Place the mixture into the lined tin and spread out. Sprinkle over the remaining chocolate and almonds.
5. Bake for 40 minutes, then remove from the tin and allow to cool. Slice into bars and serve with toffee sauce and ice cream if you like.