I’ve been seeing this trend pop up often on social media and figured I would investigate what the big deal is. This is delicious in the simplest of ways and quick as a wink to prepare. Move over avo toast – there’s a new toast topping millennials are losing it over!
- 100 g Woolworths creamy toffee sauce
- 250 g Woolworths fresh ricotta
- 1 T honey
- 2 bananas, sliced lengthways
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread, toasted
View this post on Instagram
1. Heat a pan and add half the toffee sauce. Allow to bubble, then add the bananas to caramelise. Set aside until ready to use.
2. Place the ricotta and honey in a food processor and blend until smooth. Liberally spread the ricotta onto the toast and top with the caramelised bananas and remaining toffee sauce.
Cook’s note: No time to whip your ricotta? Try Woolies smooth Ayrshire ricotta. Shop it here.
Videography and still photograph: Sadiqah Assur-Ismail
Editing: Barry de Villiers