- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 10 g Italian parsley
- 250 g crème fraîche
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 4 large potatoes, boiled (unpeeled)
- 100 g fine green beans, blanched
- For the bay salt:
- 2 T salt flakes
- 4 fresh bay leaves
1. Bash the garlic until smooth, then add the parsley and bash until roughly chopped.
2. Mix the garlic and parsley with the crème fraîche and mustard.
3. To make the bay salt, bash the salt and bay together until fragrant.
4. Toss the potatoes, beans and crème fraîche mixture. Season with the bay salt.
Cook's note: You can use baby potatoes if you prefer, or you can roast the potatoes first. I like to make smashed roasted baby potatoes – parboil them, then squash with the pestle before roasting. Make a big batch of bay salt and store in a Ziploc bag – it’s deliciously fragrant on roast chicken and with mashed potato. You could also use half crème fraîche and half horseradish cream.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Food assistant: Bianca Strydom