- For the sauerkraut dressing:
- 1 cup Woolworths 100% beetroot juice blend
- 1⁄4 cup avocado oil
- 1 T ginger, finely grated
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 200 g Woolworths Gundelsheim barrel sauerkraut
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For serving:
- 250 g Woolworths Blue Elephant Thai black rice
- 4 baby turnips, roughly chopped
- 3 candy-striped beetroot, thinly sliced
- 100 g radishes, thinly sliced
Combine all the ingredients for the sauerkraut dressing and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
Cook the black rice according to package instructions.
To serve, pour the sauerkraut dressing over the black rice and top with the baby turnips, beetroot and radishes.
Cook's note: The earthiness of the beetroot and turnips is complemented by the sweet-sour tang of sauerkraut.