When I read about Italian ‘nduja, I can’t explain how excited I felt about the idea of a spreadable salami. Then I thought, what if it was biltong ‘nduja? And what if it was spooned onto creamy, cheesy risotto? And then I found this (very corny) plate to dish it into and it just had to happen. The ‘nduja keeps for about two weeks in the fridge and could be an awesome dip or spread.
- 1 x 600 g pack Woolworths frozen cheese risotto
- 1 cup cream
- 100 g Woolworths Cremezola cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 t Spanish smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 t dried oregano
- 100 g sliced biltong, soaked in ¼ cup boiling water for 10 minutes, then drained
- 400 g salami, roughly chopped
- 100 g Woolworths sundried tomatoes, quartered
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Place the risotto in a saucepan over a medium to low heat and add the cream and Cremezola. Stir gently until the cheese has melted and the risotto is creamy. Season if necessary. Set aside.
2. Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blitz until as smooth as you can get them. To serve, spoon the risotto into bowls and top with the biltong ’nduja.
Photographs: Toby Murphy
Food assistant: Emma Nkunzana