- 200 g baby spinach
- 1 t salt (or to taste)
- 1 t roasted sesame oil
- 1 t sesame seeds, toasted
- ½ t garlic finely minced (optional)
- 1 t spring onion chopped (optional)
1. Boil 2 litres of water with 1 t salt in a large saucepan. Briefly blanch the spinach, around 10 seconds.
2. Drain and refresh the spinach in cold water.
3. Squeeze out as much water as much as possible while keeping the leaves intact.
4. Mix the spinach, salt, sesame oil, sesame seeds and garlic and spring onion, if using.
Photograph: Toby Murphy
Production: Abigail Donnelly