- 400 ml coconut cream (one can)
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 T wasabi
- 30 g butter
- 6 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 140 g punnet sugarsnap peas, blanched
- 140 g punnet mangetout, blanched
- 150 g punnet hand-shelled baby peas, blanched
- 200 g punnet Tenderstem broccoli, blanched
- 80 g baby spinach, blanched
- ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- jasmine rice, steamed, for serving
Place a saucepan over a medium-to-high heat.
Add the coconut cream (or use coconut milk for a lighter version), chilli and wasabi, and simmer until reduced and thick, stirring occasionally.
Place another pan over a medium-to-high heat. Add the butter and allow to melt before adding the chicken.
Fry until golden and cooked through, but still juicy.
Combine the crisp greens and plate. Top with the chicken.
Stir the coriander into the coconut-and-wasabi cream then pour over the chicken and greens.
Season to taste then serve hot with steamed jasmine rice.
Per serving: 2229.8 kJ, 42.8 g protein, 20.8 g fat, 39.3 g carbs
Cook's tip: make this dish child-friendly by omitting the wasabi.